Are you an experienced accounts payable specialist looking for that next step? This is a great opportunity to work for an exciting well known business!
My client is a globally recognised brand and rapidly expanding high street chain. They are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join their large finance department. With nearly 1000 stores in the UK, and stores all over the world, they are a promising company to work for.
This role would suit someone who has strong accounts payable experience and is looking to bring this to a high performing team. The role creates the opportunity for the ideal candidate to influence the development of the finance system and control environment as well as looking at dynamic ways to make more frequent payments.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manages a high number of merchandise and expense payable transactions with a high level of proficiency and integrity through the partners
• Plans and manages the AP teams and department processes to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives
• Ensures that exceptions to invoice and payment expectations with suppliers are handled in a timely and financially sound manner and the direct bill invoice exceptions are coordinated well
• Ensures that process documentation is kept current, opportunities for process re-engineering and process improvements are pursued and improvement recommendations from auditors are implemented in a timely manner
• Coordinates the hiring, training, motivation and performance review of AP team
• Coordinates the verification of open receipts monthly and work with partners to resolve problem receipt information
• Develops, measures and monitors key performance indicators, metrics and department budget
• Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information
What we need from you:
• Ability to motivate a diverse workforce
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and investigative skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• 5-10 years of management experience in the Shared Service Accounts Payable environment, primarily for a large company
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Collaborative style, team player contributing to good team spirit
• Knowledge of Excel; Oracle, Oracle AME, Concur
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.