We are currently working with a leading FTSE 250 media Group to recruit an ambitious and motivated accountant into their finance team. With offices all around the world, this is a fantastic company to work with.
We are looking for a part or fully qualified accountant to own the month end processes for revenue and direct cost reconciliations, full accounts and support the business in the control environment, month end close and statutory cycle, as well as supporting the FP&A team.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Prepare full end to end revenue reconciliation from CRM platform to accounts to permissioning systems on a monthly basis
• Prepare monthly management accounts including direct costs to gross profit level without assistance and take these accounts through review with stakeholders
• Work with commercial finance to provide commentary and variance analysis on results against budget, forecast and prior year
• Work with commercial finance to agree monthly forecasts for review with the Business Analysts / Financial Controller, explaining and highlighting key month on month variances, and variances against budget
• Proactively highlight any potential variance to budget to enable timely intervention / course correct in the business
• Prepare balance sheet and revenue reconciliations for multiple revenue streams ensuring all revenue is recognised in line with accounting standards
• Completion of complex month end controls on SAP BFC in accordance with the group deadlines
• Prepare full subsidiary statutory accounts without assistance and review with Group finance
• Produce weekly sales reports and distribute to the business in a timely manner
• Assist with budgeting process under the guidance of the DDs, Product Directors and Financial Controller / CFO
• Liaising with and providing documentation for external and internal audit
You will have the following qualities:
• Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and as part of the team
• Proactive and problem solving approach with a mindset to understand and then challenge the status quo where appropriate
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and confident when liaising with senior finance and business managers
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience dealing with different currencies
• Preparation of Management and Statutory Accounts
• Strong excel skills (Intermediate level essential)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.