A leading FTSE 250 business-to-business media Group is looking for an accountant who is either studying towards or recently qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
This role will own and continuously improve the commissions and bonus processes on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, support the control environment and month end close cycle and deputise to provide cover and support for the Senior Business Analyst.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
• Ownership of commission schemes and recommendations to improve processes and scheme management overall
• Calculation of complex monthly commissions and quarterly annual bonuses against documented incentive schemes
• Ownership, correction and maintenance of base sales data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and fulfilment systems
• Create and maintain new incentive schemes as and when required, with support from Business Analyst, Financial Controller
• Preparation and review of incentive costs in the monthly management accounts and take these accounts through review with the BGM/Director
• Business partnering with Sales and Product teams, ensuring strong inter departmental communication
• Prepare inter-company and control account reconciliations
• Prepare monthly commentary on commission and bonuses against budget, forecast and prior year
• Recommend and implement improvements for commission and bonus reporting
• Prepare monthly forecasts for review with the Business Analyst and Financial Controller, explaining and highlighting key month on month variances, and variances against budget
You will be organised and pro-active, have the ablility to work accurately and to tight deadlines, and be able to communicate effectively and concisely to all levels.
Other experience will include:
• Strong excel skills (advanced level essential)
• Intermediate knowledge of the following systems preferable: Netsuite, Business objects, SAP BFC and Sun accounts
• Preparation of Management Accounts
• Good business partnering skills
• Strong reporting skills
• Understanding of commission and bonus schemes and calculations thereof
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.