Sheridan Maine are working with a high end Art Gallery based in central London and they are looking for an Assistant Accountant, who has experience using the Navision and Sage Accounting System to join their team.
• Control of all accounting functions predominately for the Graphics Division and assisting in the preparation of year end accounts
• Control and reconciliation of bank accounts including foreign currencies.
• Sales ledger – banking, allocating payments, reconciling control accounts, preparing monthly statement for outstanding balances.
• Calculation of costs and entry of the Graphics sales Invoices into the network
• Purchase ledger – supplier payments, posting payments to cash book and nominal ledger, reconciling suppliers statements, resolving queries.
• Liaising with Artist’s and their authorised representatives regarding the presentation and submission of their accounting.
• Monthly cash book reconciliation and weekly cash report
• Monthly payroll (Sage payroll)
• Management of auto enrolment Pension scheme.
• Calculation and payment of PAYE
• PAYE & NI HMRC Annual return
• Petty cash - refunding of expenses to staff, reconciliation and posting to nominal ledger, cashing cheques at bank as required
• Arranging and managing the issuance of foreign currency for business trips and ensuring return and correct completion of related Travel reports
• Accruals and prepayments on quarterly basis
• Assisting with Monthly MTD VAT return
• Reconciliation of inter-company accounts
• Extensive analysis of nominal ledger
• General administration including filing and photocopying
• Assisting in the preparation of quarterly (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec and annual accounts including assisting and answering auditor queries.
• Monthly reconciliation and management of the Graphics Inventory
• Experience in a similar role
• Must have experience using the Navision System and Sage System
• Strong communication skills
• Confident using Microsoft Word
• Experience with V Look Ups and Pivot Tables
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.