"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power!" I have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world's leading media groups. With offices in locations across the globe this is a great chance to join a world leader.
Based at the Group's central London headquarters, you will report to the Group Financial Controller and be working within a dynamic fast-paced environment. We are looking for an experienced financial accountant who is ambitious and looking to take their career to the next level.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Prepare the Annual and Interim Financial Statements and manage the Group audit process
• Prepare/review subsidiary statutory accounts
• Prepare Audit committee papers
• Researching accounting treatments and write papers on expected impact to the Group
• Prepare monthly Group consolidation and management accounts – forecast and actual
• Ownership of the Group chart of accounts
• Provide technical accounting and reporting support to regional finance teams
• Prepare consolidated cash flow forecast and reporting
• Review and approve subsidiary funding requests
• Prepare tax returns for UK companies in liaison with tax advisers
• Manages inter-company and transfer pricing policies and planning
• Manage system access and upgrades
• Assist the Group Financial Controller in managing compliance with AIM Listing rules
Your experience and skills will include:
• Qualified ACA, with at least 2 years PQE
• Experience of preparing listed company Annual reports
• Experience of multi-currency consolidation
• Strong technical skills that must include IFRS and UK GAAP
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to dynamic, difficult and ambiguous environments to maintain a consistent and effective contribution
• Articulate Good presentation skills, both written and oral
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.