Our client is looking for a qualified financial accountant who is confident and personable to provide support to their finance team. The successful candidate will ensure that the financial statements are prepared to statutory and regulatory standards; and to act as an authoritative source of advice on accounting principles for both companies and charities.
Duties will include:
- Production of the financial statements that comply with all statutory and regulatory standards in accordance with the agreed timetable
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly 12 month rolling cash flow forecasts
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT return
- Responsible for checking all BACS and cheque payment runs prior to authorisation and transmission
- Management of treasury management systems to minimise foreign exchange and credit risk and maximise returns, whilst ensuring that all investments are made, in accordance with the companies investment policy
- Produce and maintain finance procedure documents that support the Financial Regulations for the receipts, sales, purchases, cash book and credit control activities
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including insurers, bankers and software support providers
- To ensure that finance policies and regulations are fully documented, reviewed annually and communicated to all staff and that training is provided to all relevant staff, either one-to-one or group
- Recommend and implement changes to existing systems and new systems as required
- To act as an authoritative source of advice on accounting principles and VAT for the company; and provide advice and guidance to senior managers on accounting and control requirements
The successful candidate will be organised, efficient and have an eye for detail. The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and have a first-rate knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting software.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.