Be the light that helps others see. Help shape the future of global energy. Work for a market leader in solar projects and energy solutions. This is a glowing opportunity not to be missed! My client is one of the UK's leading renewable energy companies looking to recruit a Transactional Finance Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be managing the Accounts Team covering Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Bank Accounts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure all purchase ledger transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner by the team
• Manage the reconciliation of supplier balances
• Manage the weekly and ad-hoc payment runs and ensure all payments are processed and matched correctly
• Ensure all queries relating to purchase ledger are dealt with quickly
• Manage the review of expense claims to ensure they are correctly coded, authorised and the VAT is treated correctly
• Ensure all sales invoices are accurate and issued in a timely manner
• Manage the credit control function ensuring all debts are paid on time
• Ensure the posting and matching of all cash receipts is up to date
• Ensure bank postings are up to date at all times
• Ensure all cheques are banked as soon as they are received
• Manage the day to day activity of the Accounts team ensuring that all daily and weekly tasks are carried out accurately and kept up to date at all times
• Ensure all underlying accounting records are maintained in accordance with best practice
• Continually evaluate and evolve procedures and controls to ensure transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
• Take a hands on approach where required, processing entries for all ledgers as necessary
• Ensure all post and emails are opened and distributed correctly and that queries are responded to within the required timelines
• Manage the general admin tasks such as filing, scanning and archiving
• Work closely with the Group Financial to ensure every member of the team understands their role and responsibilities, is on a suitable development path and is motivated to work positively
• Manage the team's priorities to ensure deadlines are met and the team is working efficiently
• Encourage a strong business partnering approach within the team both within the company and with external parties
Your amazing qualities:
• Good management skills with proven experience of managing a team effectively
• Experience in Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
• Good understanding of VAT
• Excellent attention to detail when checking information with an ability to recognise and question anomalies
• Accurate data input essential
• Excellent MS Excel skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!