The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! Sheridan Maine are pleased to be working with a leading property firm based in the city of London. They are looking for a new Head of Finance who has a proven track record of delivering business growth.
As the Head of Finance, your job purpose will be to ensure the overall effective financial management and reporting for the business and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions, particularly those relating to purchase ledger, sales
ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock control
• To be responsible for the preparation of appropriate financial reports and to present such at Board Meetings, as and when required
• To plan and prepare financial management documents, including financial plans, budgets and forecasts
• To manage and oversee the preparation of all statutory returns and the management of company pension schemes
• To plan, implement and develop the Finance Team operating procedures
• To lead and initiate liaison with auditors, business advisers and funding partners
• To contribute to the strategic management of the Group by developing and maintaining strategies that encompass the Finance Department
• To participate within the Senior Management Team in forward planning and the effective daily organisation activities, including business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting and strategic decision making
• Effective management and control of all capital and revenue budgets and effective management and control of the Management and Administration, Finance, Presented and Produced resources and budgets
• To lead on the financial aspects of any strategic projects aimed at achieving growth of the organisation
• To have an overview of the activities and budgets for each Area and business function
• Monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the department to ensure high standards and value for money
• To lead and manage the Finance team by establishing excellent ongoing working relationships with team via recruitment, training and communication
• To effectively manage the performance of the team by carrying out progress reviews and ensuring objectives and key outputs are cascaded throughout the department
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a strong proven Finance Manager/Financial Controller, Finance Director background who can demonstrate a successful track record of delivering business growth in a relevant environment. You will have experience of managing multiple company accounts and able to engage with staff at all levels.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.