If opportunity doesn't knock, then build a door! Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established and award winning construction organisation based in Surrey. They are looking for a driven and confident Financial Controller to join their team.
This is a highly visible role with exposure to the board, and requires liaison with Project directors, all other business units and local authorities. You will provide full accounting services – controlling the day to day running of the finance function.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain financial models for all strategic land sites (operational, pre-operational and long-term strategic sites)
• Advise project executives and technical teams of the financial implications of proposed land deals, sub-contract orders including the tax and profit considerations. (I.e. – CIS, SDLT)
• Monthly reconciliation of the Divisional plot forecasting system (MIS Cognos – soon to be Anaplan)
• Discuss with project executive cost plans vs actuals using reports from the Agresso accounting system
• Prepare and present monthly trading accounts / forecasts along with half-year and full-year statutory reporting packs.
• Full accountability for day to day and month end procedures
• Attend project reviews, Sales price reviews, and other meetings to ensure financial matters are covered and that the reporting reflects the current position
• Provide general and ad-hoc tasks on project models, accounting information for scenarios enabling Group and project executives to measure performance and make informed decisions on plans/forecasts/contract
• Maintain risk schedules in line with Group Business Assurance Control tracker on all projects
Your skills will include the following:
• Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
• Housebuilding / property development / construction experience preferred
• Highly IT literate including advanced Excel, experience with modelling
• Good communication skills
• Confident, strong character with the ability to lead others
• Experience of Cognos / Anaplan and Agresso
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.