Finance is not merely about making money. It's about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of labour. Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with an established finance company that provides loans and funding solutions to businesses all over the country.
They are currently looking for a Financial Controller on a temporary basis of up to 3 months. The successful candidate will be a technical detail orientated qualified accountant who is keen to apply his/her skills in a fast growing fintech scale-up.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Take technical ownership of accounting principles and policies based on UK GAAP
• Accounting for special-purpose-vehicle structures
• Consolidation of accounting reports and record across multiple entities
• Lead the monthly accounting closure of the books of the company with a focus on timely and accurate reporting
• Lead the annual closure of the books of the company including the production of supporting schedules and journal entries, including consolidations as and where applicable
• Management of accounting and financial systems including expense controls, payroll (with HR), invoicing (with operations), bookkeeping records, accounting records and supporting systems
• Bank account and cash management including operational control over company bank accounts and credit cards, bank reconciliations and payments (accounts payables, expenses, subscriptions, staff reimbursements)
• Manage taxation compliance including submissions to HMRC and managing relationship with tax advisers and consultants
• Analyse variance in financial reporting in order to check for discrepancies, explain variances, and aid business decision making
• Budgetary control over expenses, including working with line management (sales, operations, risk and other department heads) in terms of costs control and spending
• Operational finance: Expenses, payments, and transactional processing, including bookkeeping
The successful candidate will have 5-8 years of experience with at least 3 years at a top 10 accounting firm. Experience in UK GAAP, consolidation of financial entities, technical accounting of financial instruments and the preparation of statutory accounts are essential for this role.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy in his/her work, be able to work calmly under deadline pressures (month-end, year-end, budget), be able to work cross-functionally in a team environment, and work independently with self-direction.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.