Finance is not merely about making money. It's about achieving our deep goals and protecting the fruits of labour. It's about stewardship and, therefore, about achieving the good society! We currently have a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of London's oldest banks. A FTSE250 company with a brand new office in South West London and many opportunities within the business this an organisation that few people want to leave.
As the Finance Operations Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining the key financial controls of the company, providing strong service to both internal and external customers and ensuring controls and processes are in place around bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations.
What you will be doing:
• Ensure that full support is given to Financial Operations team on the issue that may raise daily (Generate Process, Bank Rec, SAP etc) by providing knowledge and expertise as team expert (SME) to resolve the issue ASAP
• Ensure that daily bank reconciliations are produced accurately by the Finance Operation team. This includes helping the team to investigate and clear any outstanding items beyond 1 month
• Lead (together with the Finance Ops Manager) process improvement in Finance Operations, proactively identifying areas for improvement and highlighting any inefficiencies in reconciliations systems & processes
• If necessary, support the Finance Ops assistant on managing the inbox for queries from Operations and Credit Control relating to bank recs and payments
• Maintain good working relationships with other departments
• Provide cover for other team members as and when required (holiday cover or absence)
• Ensuring the new joiners have the appropriate training and knowledge to perform their roles
• Review Financial Control and Operations procedures regularly and update as appropriate, adding new procedures where necessary
What we require from you:
• Able to proactively identify risks and issues and able to drive resolution forward
• Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and change optimising performance
• Able to determine appropriate responses when data and information are unclear or conflicting
• Proven excellent attention to detail
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.