We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world's largest travel companies of its kind. They are currently looking for a German speaking Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for the German, Austrian and Swiss sections of the Group. Reporting to and working closely with the Commercial Finance Director CEU, you will have two direct reports in London. You will play an important role in strengthening the financial information, processes and systems in order to assist the continued growth of the business.
Your accountabilities will include:
• Responsible for the production of accurate, timely and useful monthly management accounts across Germany, Switzerland and Austria branches along with commentary and analysis as required
• Manage and coordinate the month end reporting process for Central Europe (CEU) Divisions to ensure the provision of key financial information within reporting timeframes
• Support the Commercial Finance team and the Group Finance team in the budgeting and financial planning processes
• Meet with the CEU Commercial Finance Team on a regular basis to review the financial performance of the business and provide further analysis to help drive sales growth and cost saving initiatives
• Business partner with Senior Finance and Commercial stakeholders on operational and strategic issues
• Offer financial leadership in the development of commercial products and business processes
• Responsible for full statutory annual accounts production for relevant legal entities compliant with IFRS and local GAAP, and managing the audit processes thereof
• Responsible for leading and developing a team of 2 staff in London
• Full ownership of compliance procedures, including tax and company secretarial matters
• Responsible for the documentation of and compliance with Internal Control System
• Monthly Control Self-Assessment (CSA) for the relevant Divisions
The position is based at the Group's London head office. Travel to other global Group bases or headquarters may be required.
What we will need from you:
• Must be qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with at least 2 years PQE
• Must be fluent in German
• Experience of managing a team, a collaborative and flexible style with a proven record of developing staff
• Highly proficient user of MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, Word
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.