Food glorious food! Here’s a tasty prospect you can sink your teeth into! Sheridan Maine is excited to be working with a popular fast food chain to recruit a competent management accountant into their finance team.
Your role will be to provide support to the Finance Manager in producing monthly management accounts and other internal reporting, as well as external reporting where required. You will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tasks are completed accurately and provided for a review in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To assist the Finance Manager with the month end accounts production and reporting cycle
• Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries as necessary
• Review assigned line items on a monthly basis, contributing to the overall compilation and analysis of the monthly management accounts
• Ensure AP postings have been correctly allocated to relevant line items and cost centres
• Provide commentary to management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month
• Contribute to the preparation of flash reports, ensuring accuracy and investigating variances within the required time frame for review
• Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations for assigned lines on a monthly basis
• Act as a contact to various business partners across the organisation regarding site performance, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts
• Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
• Contribute to the annual budget and periodic forecasting
• Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
• Support the business during acquisition and integration projects
• Contribute to the statutory accounts process
We are looking for:
• Qualified accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA
• Experience of management accounts preparation and detailed reconciliations (i.e. working across P&L and balance sheet)
• Extensive knowledge working with Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of consolidation and audit process
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.