The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power! We are currently working on an exciting Finance Business Partner role in a successful FTSE 250 publishing business.
You will be responsible for providing timely and accurately P&L reporting for the Division and Group. You will create and maintain presentations and financial models that ensure the resources are allocated optimally to achieve company objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and consolidate P&Ls for forecasts, budgets and 3-year plan from all business units and actively work to improve and standardise processes
• Assisting with monthly/quarterly P&L reporting – drafting and reviewing documents and presentations shared with the Exec Team and Board of Directors
• Work closely with Group FP&A and other Divisions to fulfil and anticipate all requirements needed to assess and improve performance
• Design, maintain and evolve P&L consolidation tools and key financial models
• Coordinate efforts of the various regional and global functions establishing consistent practices and driving growth in strategic initiatives such as data licensing
• Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes - ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages to senior management
• Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives and help drive financial decisions
• Contribute to a cohesive strategy and platform for business reporting, including the implementation of business intelligence tools and dashboard reports
• Respond to ad-hoc requests according to business needs
Your experience will include:
• Finance qualification or equivalent
• Extensive experience in financial reporting, consolidation, and coordinating finance teams in several business units, including reporting, submissions, forecast and budgets
• Success implementing new forecasting processes and managing budget timetables
• Good knowledge of financial consolidation system like Hyperion or SAP Business Objects (Financial Consolidation) and CMR system (ideally SalesForce)
• Advanced financial modelling skills including best-practices working with large data sets
• Experience working in complex organisations with dynamic organisational structures
• High commercial acumen, intellectual curiosity and critical thinking
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.