The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power!
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a leading international business-to-business media Group focused primarily on the international finance, metals and commodities sectors. It is a leading provider of economic and investment research and also runs an extensive portfolio of conferences, seminars and training courses for the financial and commodities markets. The Group's main offices are in London, New York, Montreal and Hong Kong.
They are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join their Commercial Finance Team. You will be supporting the Metals Business Unit and you will be playing a key role in acting as a business partner to members of the senior management team and managing the Metals P&L. You will responsible for creating valuable insights that improve decision making and participating in an array of projects to refine and improve KPIs.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Act as Finance Business Partner to Sales Directors, Marketing Director and wider Metals business unit. Lead budget, forecast processes for Metals and share best practices
• Challenge assumptions and influence stakeholders to improve business performance while considering financial implications
• Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes - ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages to senior management
• Assess business performance and strive for a deeper understanding of business levers and underlying drivers
• Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives and help drive financial decisions
• Analyse trends in key performance indicators highlighting commercial opportunities and risks
• Contribute to a cohesive strategy and platform for business reporting, including the implementation of business intelligence tools and dashboard reports
• Outline and present detailed business cases
What you need to be great at this role:
• Finance qualification or equivalent
• Extensive experience in business partnering, strategic thinking, driving commercial performance and influencing senior stakeholders
• Rigorous, quantitative and analytical thinker with excellent attention to detail
• Outstanding financial modelling skills including best-practices working with large data sets
• Passionate about data including ability to gather information from multiple sources, manipulate, condense, analyse and interpret large data sets
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• High commercial acumen, intellectual curiosity and critical thinking
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
• Good knowledge of financial consolidation system like Hyperion or SAP Business Objects (Financial Consolidation) and CMR system (ideally SalesForce)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.