Sheridan Maine is pleased to be working with an established legal firm based in Chichester which is looking for an experienced Tax Executive.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Trusts and the Head of Private Client. An extensive knowledge of HMRC requirements is essential both administrative and theoretical, with ideally an academic qualification such as CTA.
- Prepare Trust, Estate and Personal tax returns, with full awareness of HMRC deadlines, including inheritance tax
- Client advice, both face to face and by correspondence
- Business development opportunity awareness
- Use of accounting and time recording software
- Checking documents for accuracy
- Costing of files for the purpose of cost update letters
- Making appointments, managing diaries and seeing to the reasonable requirements of clients
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all documentation to comply with the new GDPR regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
- You will have a strong academic record
- CTA, Level 3 ICB Diploma, Step or similar
- Some accounting experience in Trust and Estate accounts useful
- Previous experience within the legal profession would be beneficial
- Computer system and case management systems including Word, Excel, TFB, IRIS and related applications
- Be proactive and achieve the best outcome for the firm
- Effective prioritisation with the ability to meet deadlines and manage your own time
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.