Sheridan Maine is recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant for a Multi-national group based in Birmingham. This opportunity offers the successful candidate the chance to establish a career within a hugely successful business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting business, who pride themselves on their modern offices and high-end service. With a proven track record of running successful contracts on a national scale, they have grown enourmously and now hold a substantial market share across the UK and Ireland.
About the Role
This role provides a clear opportunity for you, as the Senior General Ledger Accountant, to manage and mentor a Team or General Ledger Accountants to report accurately on the company’s performance.
Reporting into the General Ledger Financial Controller, your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Completing all relevant month end financial close procedures including necessary accruals and prepayments activities
- Preparing all necessary internal reporting required within Europe
- Statutory accounting and corporation tax work
- Controlling and preparing VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List Reporting as well as submitting VAT Returns and related compliance
- Supporting and involved with all audit work
- Managing the fixed asset register and all relevant accounting by liaising with the accounts payable clerks and other business areas where require
- Statutory/Corporate reconciliations and European consolidation
- Preparing any necessary variance analysis for all the above
- Supporting General Ledger Accountants within the team on a variety of tasks in order to meet the total needs of the finance department
- Ensuring the development of new/efficient processes/procedures within the accounting team
- Providing support and assistance to the Financial Controller on projects and ad-hoc tasks
The Ideal candidate will be:
- Be qualified ACAM, ACA, ACCA
- Oracle knowledge/experience an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting and reporting processes
- Effective resolution of complex reporting requirements
- Highly numerate and methodical
- Maintain efficient control under pressure to meet deadlines
What is on offer?
Coupled with a great salary and package is the opportunity to join a corporate business as the top of their game. The role offers such versatility that it will give you the opportunity to forge your career within a business who are dominating their market.