We are working on an exclusive basis to recruit for an experienced Payroll Manager who is solutions focused and able to build working relationships with ease.
This is a key role within the business, taking full ownership of the payroll and ensuring that the in-house monthly payroll is processed accurately and on time. The role will also involve process improvement to include managing and or leading other finance and HR improvement projects.
What will the role involve?
- Management of the monthly payroll, to ensure it is completed accurately and on time
- Analysing and resolving payroll issues related to tax, benefits and time reporting
- Accurate accounting, recordkeeping and management of payroll related data and reports
- Completing audits and reconciliations of payroll information and systems
- Producing manual payroll journals for finance to account for payroll adjustments
- Ensuring that clock cards for employees are approved in the TMS system according to pay schedule
- Nominal ledger coding within the payroll system
- Reconciling pensions and submitting all data to the relevant provider
- Continuously improving processes and procedures and acting as the system super user
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and interpreting the impact on payroll
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of managing an in-house payroll function
- A proactive and positive approach, with the ability to build solid relationships
- CIPP qualification or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Advanced IT skills, with experience using integrated HR and Payroll systems
- Experience of working in a face paced environment and meeting strict deadlines with accuracy
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.