Sheridan Maine have been appointed on a retained basis, to recruit this key position of Financial Controller which will be based in Toronto, Canada.
This Financial Controller role can be considered as a Project role for 12+ months or on a Permanent basis. A highly rewarding and truly unique opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company who operate as part of a Global Group. We are looking for UK based candidates and on offer is a Relocation Allowance, Excellent Salary and Bonus.
Canada is one of the most popular expat destinations, with over 650,000 Brits currently calling its friendly, safe and beautiful surroundings home. Toronto has been ranked in the Top 5 most liveable cities in the World and is an international and multicultural metropolis with a vibrant arts and sports scene it really has something special to offer everyone.
You will have responsibility for delivering accurate and timely monthly management information to both the CFO and CEO. Managing a small team, this is a challenging and interesting role, which requires commitment and flexibility to ensure results are driven through the team and the business.
- Production of the Company Accounts to UK GAAP within the group reporting timetable along with all MI reporting.
- Preparation of the Statutory Accounts and tax working papers.
- Produce budgets, revisions and forecasts in line with CFO requirements.
- Manage compliance requirements for Corporate Tax, VAT and payroll related taxes delivering reports and Government statistics timely and accurately.
- Manage the Internal and External Audits as the first point of contact for all queries raised and provision of information.
- Work directly with Managers, Tax advisers, Treasury, Internal and External Audit.
- Ensure AP, AR, Cash and Management Accounts process are properly monitored and managed.
- Set up processes to ensure effective data and communication flow between departments, including automation of manual tasks.
- Effectively lead and manage the direct reports providing continuous improvement and effective succession planning.
The successful role holder will be currently UK based, fully qualified and technically strong with a financial accounting bias. A very hands on approach is required, with a willingness to bring an added value approach and get involved in some of the processing elements of the finance function. You will be adaptable to change, able to cope with a demanding role and have excellent team leadership skills.Skills and Experience Required:
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent qualification, ideally gained in a UK Top 10 Accountancy Firm.
- Financial Accounting background with experience of multi-company, multi-currency consolidations.
- Long Term Contract Accounting and Revenue Recognition - Essential
- Self-driven with an enthusiastic, flexible and consistent approach.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with Proactive and Innovative Business Acumen.
- The ability to thrive and work under pressure in a busy and deadline driven team.
- Strong People Management skills, able to drive a team forward with a strong team-work attitude.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please get in touch with Anja Davison @ Sheridan Maine or click on “apply” above as soon as possible.
Sheridan Maine are working as exclusive retained agents to recruit this position. All applications will be forwarded to Sheridan Maine to conduct a comprehensive search and selection process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.