Sheridan Maine are working exclusively for a rapidly growing entrepreneurial business based in Dorset. This exciting company are experiencing incessant growth, which is set to continue and as such have the requirement for a Financial Controller to join the business.
As Financial Controller you will own the Financial Strategy, be a key decision maker ensuring support requirements are forecasted and implemented. This senior role, whilst having some set responsibilities, has a fluid remit with the objective of supporting the ongoing growth and future development of the business.
You will be required to build, supervise and manage a team of internal Finance Assistants and work closely with the key stakeholders and external partners.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Own Commercial Finance and Cash Flow management for the business
- Ensure Management Accounts are managed efficiently and presented with sufficient detail and consistency to be meaningful and intuitive to the Senior Management Team
- Ensuring that the Statutory Reports can quickly and easily be reconciled to Management Accounts, and ensure that meaningful and accurate Management Information is available in a timely manner
- Develop budgets for the business, monitoring performance and reporting back on results to Senior Management Team
- Proactively examine, interrogate and evaluate all financial reports and data creating systems to prevent errors in data collections and calculations
- Produce detailed insights from the financial reports into the company performance and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Own all internal and external financial and banking systems, within a multi-national organisation
- Ensure compliance with relevant local legislation and taxation requirements globally
- Accountable for all financial activities including but not limited to invoice management (creating/credit control), payment of suppliers within agreed credit terms.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong business acumen, with high attention to detail and a strong research, problem solving and analytical skill set.
- Proven experience in a business or finance environment
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage and empower your team
- Excellent mathematical, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills with high competency in Xero, MS Office Software packages
- We are ideally seeking a ACCA, CIMA or ACA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- It would also be desirable for the post holder to hold a Batchelor’s degree in Accounting, business, economics, finance or related field.
The role will draw on technical skills in the delivery of daily management of the Global Finance function across the group of companies in a multi-currency environment.
This job role will be an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven Finance Professional who is looking to gain experience and grow within a fast paced, fast growing business. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary and benefits package including the flexibility to work from home.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.
Sheridan Maine are working as exclusive agents to recruit this position. All applications will be forwarded to Sheridan Maine to conduct a comprehensive search and selection process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.