Financial Controller – Stanley Services Limited – Excellent Salary and a Comprehensive Benefits Package including Relocation & Accommodation
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with Stanley Services Limited, on an exclusive partnership basis, to recruit the key position of Financial Controller. This rewarding opportunity, for a Qualified Accountant, will be based on the Falkland Islands and will offer a unique career and life experience overseas.
Stanley Services Limited (SSL) was founded over 30 years ago and is the exclusive licence holder for the provision of all hydrocarbons for commercial consumption in The Falklands. Stanley Services provides a diverse business offering including operating fuel supply and bunkering of vessels, a hotel & cinema, shipping agency, retail operations, motor vehicle dealership, tourist agency and a television production company. The Financial Controller will benefit from exposure to all these business operations.
Reporting to the Financial Director Designate, but with visibility across the organisation including the General Manager and Managing Director, the role will include a broad range of responsibilities:
• Preparing monthly management accounts for a number of business units and companies including involvement in the monthly close process which involves more complex areas such as revenue recognition and foreign exchange.
• Responsibility for the preparation of annual statements for the Joint Venture TV production company.
• Annual budgeting as well as analysis of actual financial performance versus budgets and prior year trading.
• You will supervise three members of staff.
• You will have the opportunity to develop your accounting and commercial skills from exposure to a range of business activities - there really are not many organisations that can offer such a diverse portfolio!
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), likely with at least 3 years PQE, ideally including experience in management accounting and financial reporting. Exposure to the hospitality sector would be highly beneficial as would knowledge of Sage 300. Strong systems and analysis skills are also an advantage.
The Falkland Islands, and its capital Port Stanley, is close knit with more of a "village feel" with a range of community events. There are ample amenities including supermarkets, a hospital, schools, restaurants, pubs and sports facilities including a swimming pool and a golf course. The island offers the opportunity to enjoy the internationally renowned wildlife.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible
Sheridan Maine are working as exclusive retained agents for Stanley Services to recruit this position. All applications will be forwarded to Sheridan Maine to conduct a comprehensive search and selection process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.