Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a leading Group of companies based in Bournemouth who are seeking an experienced Group Company Secretary to join this dynamic and innovative business.
As the Group Company Secretary you will report into the CFO and will ensure Group compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The company secretary will be responsible for managing and advising the Board of Directors and executive Committee and related entities on all company secretarial matters, ensuring statutory registers and records are maintained and accurate while liaising with professional advisors and regulators.
The Group Company Secretary is an officer of the company and therefore their duties can be be very broad, key responsibilities as follows:
• Provide technical support and advice on all company secretarial matters
• Prepare and file group statutory forms and ensure the records held by Companies House are accurate.
• Ensure that companies are compliant with the Companies Act 2006 and limited liability partnerships are compliant with the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000
• Manage the incorporation and dissolution of companies and LLPs, working with and instructing solicitors where required.
• Manage the relationship with external fund managers providing accurate information and documentation
• Managing and maintaining the statutory books of the parent company and those of all its legal entities
• Manage meetings of the Executive Board including taking minutes of those meetings and following up on actions from those meetings.
You will ideally be ICSA Qualified, or able to show the professional drive to succeed. You will naturally be personable, organised and a meticulous, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly organised and able to demonstrate a proactive, commercial and professional mindset, having several years' experience as a Company Secretary in a varied and fast paced business.
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity to thrive in a fast moving and evolving business environment.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.