Sheridan Maine is currently working exclusively with an organisation based on the Ferndown Industrial Estate, to recruit a Finance Manager who will support the business on an initial 6-month fixed term contract with the strong possibility of the role turning permanent.
We are looking for a strong, technical accountant with a hands-on approach and the ability to comfortably manage a small team and accurately produce the accounts and financial reports; whilst at the same time having the interpersonal skills and commercial understanding of a growing business
Reporting into the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include:
• Day to day finance management, managing cash reporting, overhead control/ payroll overview and HMRC returns.
• Ownership of the annual budgeting process and quarterly reforecasting.
• Overseeing the Monthly reporting cycle and providing financial commentary and performance analysis
• Leading a small team providing support, coaching and continued development.
• Establishing formalised processes and procedures for Finance functions including controls.
• Supporting non-finance areas of the business with financial information and commercial insight to aid decision making and overall business performance.
• Ownership of the Statutory audit process and tax liaison.
The successful applicant will be fully ACA / ACCA or CIMA qualified with previous experience working in a Finance Manager role within an SME business, with Strong Excel skills and ability to manipulate large datasets into management information. You should be commercially focussed with strong commercial acumen.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team environment with an immediate start. If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful