"Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance." Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a major charity organisation to recruit a Bookkeeper into their Finance team based in Southampton.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in a similar role and will ideally be AAT qualified.
Responsibilities will include:
• Process purchase invoices promptly onto Sage
• Pay invoices within agreed time scales
• Check Purchase ledger invoices for correctness. Ensure all purchase invoices are authorised
• Ensure all petty cash reports are received by first working day of month. Process and reconcile reports with Sage. Liaise with sites if any discrepancies
• Reconcile all bank accounts weekly
• Monthly account reconciliations
• Post necessary accruals and prepayments on to Sage
• Analyse month end accounts per department and explain variances to Head of Finance
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.