Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a well-established manufacturing business based in Poole. They are looking for an Accounts & Payroll Assistant that is AAT qualified or currently studying for their qualification who will join their Finance team. This is a strong and growing company that offers long term career progression.
The Accounts & Payroll Assistant is responsible for day-to-day finance processing along with the payroll for 3 companies (approximately 170 employees). This is a very hands-on role with a requirement to be fully conversant with current and evolving payroll legislation and the development of the payroll function.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Processing the monthly payroll for both hourly and salary paid employees
• Collating time sheets, checking against clock reports and loading onto weekly and monthly wages sheets
• Processing new starters and leavers
• Managing the group pension plan and auto-enrolment. Processing starters and leavers to the plans and completing all relevant paperwork
• Run the year-end on SAGE payroll and print off P60's for all Employees
• Responding to employee queries re payroll
• Producing payroll reports when required
• Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders
• Loading supplier invoices onto SAGE 50 accounts
• Raising and following up invoice queries with suppliers
• Producing customer statements and chasing customer payments
• Bank reconciliations of the multiple company bank accounts
• Updating and reconciling the cash flows
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• AAT qualified or studying
• Experience of using SAGE 50 & SAGE Payroll
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.