Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with one of the UK’s leading manufacturers to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager. This well-established firm based on the outskirts of Poole is looking for a finance individual who has previous experience of working in an Accountancy Practice and can deliver a relaxed but authoritative management style. The role comes with a competitive salary and onsite parking.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Finance & Systems to complete all financial reporting and statistical returns required to measure company performance and comply with all relevant company and tax law. Further to the financial and reporting portion of the role, you will be involved in helping to lead company projects to improve systems, both procedural and software based. This role also requires acting as main contact to both IT and Sage support companies and ensuring the ongoing improvement of these areas.
The main purpose of this role:
• Finance costs are minimised through sound control and robust management of cash
• Confidence is improved in decision making by developing detailed reporting in all areas of the business
• Morale and efficiency of staff is increased and therefore save costs by implementing or improving operational procedures
• Customer service is improved by implementing procedures to minimise errors
• All laws and regulations are complied with to avoid litigation
• To ensure all company projects are planned and carried out carefully and with full communication to those effected so as to ensure success and limit disruption to business
• The workload and priorities of staff within the finance department is managed effectively to ensure the strategic objectives of the company are achieved
• Liaise closely with head of department to ensure excellent 2-way flow of information with management, in regard to issues and priorities concerning Finance & Systems
• Ensure the main principles of the customer service charter are being upheld throughout the company
We are looking for an experienced and motivated finance individual who possesses good communication skills and is highly competent with IT. The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical skills and be highly organised.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.