Our client is a rapidly growing company, operating in eleven countries, with plans to expand further. Their core values include respect, openness and engagement and so are keen to hear from innovative individuals with the drive to succeed. In return will be an opportunity to work with a dynamic team and the potential for more future opportunities for the right candidate.
As Payroll Supervisor, you will oversee the day-to-day running of the payroll-reporting function, including responsibility for payroll-related month-end processes, ensuring controlled processing and payroll accuracy. You will have responsibility for ensuring financial and statutory compliance, adherence to company policy and best practice principles.
Managing a team of Payroll Specialists, your responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring key payroll controls across the group, including unauthorised pay elements in the costing reports, and ensuring the team resolve all balance sheet queries within the deadlines
• Ensuring payroll, PAYE/NI and payroll deduction payments are made to deadline
• Ensuring the payroll, PAYE/NI and deductions control accounts are reconciled every month across all companies/payrolls
• Overseeing the P11D and PSA process, ensuring accurate information is provided to our external provider within agreed deadlines
• Monitor manual payments and journals for new surgeries in transitional stage ensuring everyone is paid and journals are created & processed
• Ensuring HMRC is informed of all new acquisitions and hive ups in a timely manner
• Being proactive in issue identification and resolution
• Point of escalation for payroll related issues
• Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
• Interpret & imbed new legislation impacting payroll
• Responsible for the accuracy of all master payroll calendars & processing schedules
• Ensure all reporting to Pension provider is completed within deadline using the provider portal
• Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
• Recommend & implement new processes & ways of working to improve efficiencies
• Develop, implement and maintain service standards, SLA's and KPI's for all aspects of payroll services
• Line management of the Payroll Specialists, including regular 1-2-1's, appraisals, mentoring, coaching and development
• Supervise and co-ordinate activities of payroll staff managing payroll workload to meet operational requirements
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Experience of managing a team
• Experience working within a payroll or finance function
• Finance knowledge, balance sheet reconciliations
• Clear and confident communication skills
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent IT skills – including advanced Excel
• A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
• A positive attitude with the ability to lead by example
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.