Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with one of the UK's finest retailers in its field. This is a well-established business that supplies many brands whilst continuing to focus on providing an outstanding service to its customers.
Based in their head office located in Eastleigh, you will manage and support the accounts payable team. You will be expected to lead from the front and will be reporting directly to the Central Services Manager.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Setting up new group purchasing procedures to ensure authorised suppliers are only used
• To ensure that all invoices, expense claims and other payment requests are checked and prepared for input onto the organisations computerised Ledger promptly and accurately
• Ensuring the team scan all invoices and so they are sent to the correct Manager/Director for approval and ensure the correct nominal ledger code and description is used
• To ensure that invoices are authorised within the approval lines
• Responsibility for monitoring unauthorised invoices, ensuring that these can be traced and queries resolved quickly
• Update and train within the department to ensure that all aspects of the job are covered, to ensure smooth teamwork
• Reconciliation's, to prepare purchase ledger supplier reconciliation's to supplier statements as and when required, all suppliers to be reconciled quarterly and major ones monthly
Our client is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable specialist with excellent inter-personal skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.