“The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves!” Are you a proactive self-starter who has the ability to work well with others? Do you thrive in a fast paced dynamic customer focussed environment? Are you a forward thinker with the ability and drive to develop and improve systems and process? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are excited to be working with an established retailer that has stores all over the country who wish to recruit a Ledger Manager to take responsibility for the line management of 4 members of staff. This is a key role in the finance department and manages all aspects of the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger; ensuring accurate accounting records are maintained and all processes are carried out in accordance with the accounting calendar and company procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Manage the processing, coding and payment of multi-currency supplier invoices, ensuring all are paid according to the correct terms
• Management of a team of four, to include daily supervision of workload and regular performance reviews
• Provide payment forecasts to Senior Finance Manager to ensure sufficient cash funds across GBP, USD and EURO to meet obligations as required
• Liaison with Goods-In department, investigating and resolving any discrepancies relating to goods received and invoices
• Accounts Receivable responsibilities to include the monitoring of new customers and the reporting and analysis of aged Accounts Receivable balances to ensure timely credit control
• Responsibility for reconciliations of key ledgers and other balances as part of the month-end process
• Leading on projects to improve processes and systems under your area of responsibility
• Review of returned stock, advising Trading Team and monitoring receipt of supplier credits
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience of Accounts Receivable and Payable duties and have proven evidence of managing teams, including personal development of team members. Other skills required include:
• Excellent numeracy skills with a good eye for detail
• Must be highly organised and able to produce accurate work to tight deadlines
• Good team player
• The ability to assess the effectiveness of current processes and to recommend or develop improvements where necessary
• Confident, with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Competent user of Microsoft Office applications, including strong Excel skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.