"The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves…" Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a leading organisation to recruit an Accounting Manager for their busy finance department on an interim period.
Your role will be to track and evaluate day-to-day activities within the company. Other responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting information. They are also looking for someone to work closely with our company accountants.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
• Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department
• Monitoring and analysing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
• Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Month and end-year process
• Accounts payable/receivable
• General ledger
• Cash forecasting
• Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
• Capital assets reconciliations
• Collecting customer payments
• Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
• Coordinate and complete annual audits
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
What we will need from you:
• Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to direct and supervise
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.