Sheridan Maine is delighted to be recruiting exclusively for a business with a 50+ year trading history on the outskirts of Southampton. This business is looking for a Finance Assistant to join them on an interim basis, supporting the Head of Finance.
You will be working with a team of two other finance assistants, and your role will be to provide an accounting and bookkeeping service across the Group. The role oversees the administrative aspects of customer invoicing and assistance of credit control.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Review of qualification sales against pricing agreements, making amendments as necessary and their subsequent import in to the finance system
• Creation and sending of invoices/credit notes on financial system
• Issuing monthly statements to centres
• Dealing with customer account queries as and when they arise and liaising with teams internally to ensure that queries are resolved efficiently and effectively
• Dealing with aspects of Credit Control including liaising with clients to ensure accounts are kept up to date and paid by the due date
• Banking of all monies received and posting them onto the sales ledger
• Inputting of BACS payment receipts in to the financial system and allocating to customers as applicable
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Good accountancy / bookkeeping knowledge and understanding
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel including PivotTables and Graphs
• Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail and good communication skills
• A background of working within a Finance department in a commercial organisation for at least 3 years
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.