Sheridan Maine are pleased to be working with a prestigious institution located in Bath to recruit a Finance Assistant into their team.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• Matching, batching and coding invoices
• Obtaining proper authorisation of invoices within allocated budgets
• Payment of suppliers and others
• Supplier statement reconciliation and correspondence
• Be instrumental in the implementation of a paperless purchase order system
• Maintaining petty cash, credit card payments and records
• Daily banking duties including posting to relevant ledger
• Payment of miscellaneous expenses by BACS
• Charging and collection of fees and other income
• Other related duties as may be reasonably required from time to time
You will ideally have a finance background and be AAT qualified or part qualified. This is an organisation that would be happy to support further studies.
Other skills and attributes required are:
• A knowledge of spread sheets MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Organised individual with a methodical approach to work and a keen attention to detail
• A team player with a good sense of humour, willingness and enthusiasm
• Work efficiently, flexibly and accurately as part of a small team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.