A stitch in time saves nine! Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a fashion manufacturer and retailer to recruit an Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant who will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the input of data to assist in delivery of monthly accounts and the completion of statutory and regulatory reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Support the Head of Finance in ensuring that the month end reporting process is completed accurately and in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Processing all purchase invoices including stock and reconciliation of supplier statements
• Reconciliation and posting of all income, multicurrency online and retail
• Preparing month end journals, accruals and prepayments
• Completion of balance sheet reconciliations and follow up outstanding issues on a timely basis
• Assist with Year-end preparation & reconciliations
• Liaise with budget holders across the business to ensure effective cost management and timely and accurate provision of financial information
• Assist with maintaining detailed cash flow forecast
The successful candidate will be a minimum AAT level 3 studier, or could be qualified by experience but must display high level of competency in all areas. You will have excellent IT literacy with advanced Excel skills, ( including pivot tables and vlookups) and confident in using SAGE (ideally SAGE Line 50) or other ERP systems. Strong technical accounting skills and attention to detail are essential.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.