Do you have a proven track record of working in a technical accounting capacity with large volumes of data? Have you had experience of working effectively in a fast paced client driven environment? Have you had previous exposure to process mapping and procedure documentation? If so we would love to hear from you!
Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a renowned organisation based in Berkshire to recruit a Finance Systems Manager into their team. This new and varied role will support systems and process enhancements and implementations. You will enhance reporting, analysis and MI and support a range of stake holders.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Lead the development and management of financial systems and processes that deliver co-ordinated financial management information to the business as a whole
• Accountable for financial data quality – formulating techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Creating and enforcing policies for effective financial data management
• Initiate and undertake data driven value for money (VfM) projects and other tasks seeking to improve financial and business processes, enhancing efficiency, service delivery and financial controls
• Develop a deep data driven understanding of the business in order to make recommendations that transform the financial reporting team’s outputs into business relevant data
• Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
• Lead on the development and maintenance of front-end dashboards, forms, and other tools to facilitate the interaction with financial management systems for non-technical users
• Develop documentation and training material for financial applications (e.g. Agresso and any third party reporting tool)
• Assist with reports and data extraction as required during the production of the monthly management accounts to ensure timely and accurate submission to the Executive Board
Your skills will include:
• Strong technical and practical knowledge of the principles of management and financial accounting
• Part or Fully Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post-graduate accounting qualification
• Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel
• Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
• Ability to develop and nurture credibility with internal stakeholders
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.