My client is a medium sized and rapidly expanding business that is currently looking for a Payables Accounts Assistant to join their finance department on a maternity cover basis. The tasks of this role will include, but not be limited to the Sales ledger, cashbook and other accounting functions as may be designated from time to time.
Based at their Bournemouth office, you will be expected to lead from the front and will be reporting directly to the Finance Department.
Responsibilities will include:
• Enter purchase invoices into the purchase ledger for all companies in the relevant currencies
• Update system for all client-chargeable invoices
• Ensure all invoices are matched and approved
• Generate payment runs to suppliers
• Reconcile key supplier accounts as agreed with the Finance Director
• Matching the purchase orders
• Update and reconcile the cash book
• Reconcile the bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Reconcile Petty Cash
• Matching paid expenses with relevant Vendor Purchase Orders and entering them in to the accounting system
• Other tasks within the finance department, as and when required
We are looking for a team player who has 1-2 years of experience working in a similar role. You will be well practiced at working within a fast paced environment and ideally have a working knowledge of Navison and QuickBooks. Intermediate Excel skills, good communication skills and a target driven and hard-working attitude are key.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.