Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with an award winning international Group. This organisation is one of the largest within its field in the UK, and are still growing. They are currently looking for a professional individual with previous exposure to the financial services / insurance industry. This post is on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Assistant Finance Business Partner has responsibility for providing FP&A services across all channels. The key objectives of the Assistant Finance Business Partner role will focus on developing effective stakeholder relationships, analysing and manipulating performance data, as well as supporting monthly performance management processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce consolidated reporting packs in line with requirements, with close attention to detail, maintaining accurate working schedules to track key variances to support commentaries
• Input into month end commentaries and liaising with other members of FP&A in understanding key variances, assisting in the preparation of speaker notes and supporting analysis
• Maintain and manage timetables for actuals reporting, ensuring efficient and timely processes to facilitate adherence to deadlines
• Define planning timetable, having consulted BPs, and support in driving the planning process promoting consistency in budget & forecast collection
• Assist in the delivery of Group reporting requirements ensuring reconciliation to local reporting
• Proving ad-hoc support and reporting as required by stakeholders
What you will need to be great at this role:
• A Qualified or nearly qualified accountant with previous FP&A or similar role experience
• Previous experience of operating in a similar role within a regulated multi divisional, matrix driven organisation
• Broad knowledge and experience of MI systems and databases, with TM1 experience desirable
• Experience of critically reviewing processes on a regular basis and providing inputs for continuous improvement
• Previous experience of providing relevant, reliable and timely management information for internal and external stakeholders to the agreed standard and within tight timescales
• Highly developed listening, communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Advanced Excel & Power Point knowledge essential
Benefits will include:
• A competitive pension
• Annual Salary review
• Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance
• Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.