The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! Sheridan Maine are pleased to be working with a prestigious institution located in Somerset to recruit a Head of Finance.
You will lead and manage the finance department and attend all meetings of the senior leadership team as required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Keeping the accounts of the organisation and preparing annual Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and Balance Sheets in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
• Safeguarding the assets and ensuring the overall business viability of the organisation over the long term
• Responsibility, in collaboration with the stakeholders, for all of the finances, ensuring the they are fully informed of the organisation's finances on a regular basis
• Managing the bank accounts and cash flow
• Ensure effective management of the petty cash account
• Overseeing all transactions passing through the Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Fees Ledger
• Investigate any budget variances and liaise with Heads of Departments over any excessive expenditure
• Regular review and renegotiation of tenders and contracts and preparing financial appraisals of specific projects
• Advising on taxation matters generally, including compliance, Business Rates and Council Tax
• Leading the statutory accounts process
• Ensuring timely payment of fees and the reconciliation and authorisation of balances on the Fees Ledger, keeping the Fees Ledger up to date at all times
• Carry out the monthly payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Superannuation and National Insurance Contributions and compliance with relevant regulations
• Managing the Finance Department staff and setting clear objectives
Your qualifications, skills and experience will include:
• Professional Qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, AAT or equivalent
• Demonstrable leadership of a highly effective finance function
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a number of stakeholders at all levels
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook as well as knowledge of using Finance/Payroll Management systems
• Experience of providing robust strategic financial advice and management information to Board level
• Experience in all aspects of financial management and statutory reporting
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.