Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance! Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with an internationally renowned charity that is based in the Southwest area of England.
They are looking for a qualified accountant or someone who is working towards their accountancy qualification and who has experience of working within the not for profit/charity sector, to join their finance team as the Assistant Management Accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
• To have overall responsibility for the accurate processing and recording and control of the sales, purchase ledger, fixed assets, petty cash and banking records including the preparation and posting of journals and ensuring the completion of accurate
monthly control account reconciliations
• To manage and motivate the other members of the finance team, including regular 1:1 line management meetings and appraisals
• To ensure the operation of regular and effective credit control procedures
• To maintain accurate records of restricted expenditure against grant income and to provide financial data, for review, in support of update reports sent to funding organisation
• To prepare draft monthly management accounts, including commentary on variances, for review
• To maintain and develop systems to effect control and efficient reporting
• To prepare and file quarterly VAT returns
• To prepare information for external auditors and to be a lead point of contact for them
We're looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual who is empathetic and open to new ideas. You'll have effective time management skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate others.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.