A prestigious FTSE 250 business in Lakeside Portsmouth is recruiting a Business Finance Analyst on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Business Unit Reporting Accountant, this role supports the interpretation of financial data to better understand and drive improvements in performance. Core responsibilities comprise the aggregation and reconciliation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results across a wide array of business streams into succinct management reports. This role will work closely with the Business Unit reporting team as well as operational and central finance teams. The role offers free parking, study support and endless career opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Gathering data and producing meaningful reports to assist the business decision making process
• Introducing and embedding systematic processes and techniques to turn raw data into meaningful data that can then be used for intelligent business making decisions
• Introducing and embedding data cleansing techniques to increase the accuracy level of data pulled from the various IT Systems and limiting opportunities for inaccurate data going back into the system
• Provide support into the strategic planning process of the Business Unit, including research, financial data capture/analysis and production of summary presentations
• Provide support to the budgeting and forecasting processes, as required
• Provide support for the provision of information required for specific purposes, such as customer reviews, pricing negotiations, contract reconciliations and cost certificates
• Provide clear analysis of differing cost types supporting any initiatives and commercial requirements such as the production of the QMAC
• Act as finance input into wider Business Unit and divisional projects as required
What do I need to do the role?
• Experienced in Access/SQL reporting, including manipulation of large data sets
• Proficient in accounting/MI systems, SAP & BPC desirable
• Advanced Excel Skills, including pivot tables, logic functions, joining multiple data sets
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Capable user of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Workings towards a recognised professional qualification CIMA or equivalent desirable
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.