Sheridan Maine is working with a design engineering company based in Bath to recruit a motivated Accountant / Office administrator into their finance team.
This is a newly created role due to projected growth and ambitions of the company, and it is expected that the successful candidate will grow a career within the organisation.
We are looking for someone with at least 3+ years' experience in a similar position, and who is a
team player with outstanding communication skills and a pro-active/ problem solving attitude. You will be someone who continuously looks for improvements, possesses high attention to detail and you'll have excellent time management skills.
• Bookkeeping with experience in using accounts payroll software package
• Bank reconciliation
• Produce and file VAT returns
• Quarterly reports (budgeting /cashflow)
• Year-end draft accounts (P&L, balance sheet analysis)
• Preparing purchase orders / maintaining purchase ledger and payments
• Producing financial reports linked to the KPI's to support management on long-term decisions
• Run monthly payroll, HMRC filing
• PAYE submission and reconciliation
• Work-pension administration, monthly reporting
• Managing employee's records, holidays' planner, travel expenses, illnesses control
• Coordinate team meetings, general booking, guest appointments and follow up
• Cost control, negotiating suppliers' prices
• Assist in drawing up contracts for customers and suppliers
• Manage job applicants process, arrange interviews, booking rooms/calls, references check
• Arrange inductions
• Reviewing employees' performance, managing probationary employment and contracts' reviews
Your qualifications to include:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance, Management or Law
• Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
• Excellent PC skills, including accounts/payroll and Microsoft Office applications
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.