Sheridan Maine are proud to be working with a market leading, top 10 practice in Surrey who are seeking a Tax Senior to join their team. This company is one of the largest independently owned investment managers in the UK in addition to being the country’s eighth largest accounting firm.
Your role will be to ensure that the annual tax compliance work is completed and planning opportunities are identified for a portfolio of clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Client compliance work - work to be completed includes personal and trustees Tax Returns with business computations where relevant and related compliance work
• Identifying planning possibilities, eg. beneficial elections and claims, re-distribution of family assets
• Ensuring company procedures on annual tax cycle are complied with and billing responsibility
• In house training as appropriate. (Likely to be recently qualified CTA, or qualified by experience)
• Overseeing trainees but also working with other seniors. Assisting other group members in professional work
• Assisting with suggestions of new ideas and approaches
What you need to be great for this role:
• CTA qualified or equivalent qualification
• Technical knowledge to include Trust taxation, CGT, IHT, business tax aspects
• Commercial awareness and private client focus
• In depth knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel and ideally Digita or similar
• Excellent communication skills - ability to write letters explaining complicated planning issues as well as verbal communication skills
• Problem solving, when faced with technical/practical problems, need to know where to look for guidance/who to contact for assistance
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.