The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! We are proud to be working with a leading organisation based in Winchester to find a motivated individual who has a proven and varied finance background and who is seeking their next challenge.
The responsibilities of the Finance Operations Manager will include:-
• Lead in the strategic development and delivery of effective and efficient financial transactions across the organisation
• Set and monitor the overall standards for the service. Develop a regular and timely set of KPIs for transactional workloads to manage delivery of team workloads to ensure customer demand is met within agreed
timescales. Develop efficient and effective processes and procedures to ensure KPIs are delivered, within resource constraints
• Lead and manage major change projects across the organisation relating to financial transactions. Work with relevant external stakeholders to ensure information and any potential changes to provision are
• Manage the staff who are members of the Finance Office team, ensuring that standards, expectations and performances are good or better, through easy and business-like communication with all individuals and teams,
regular staff development reviews, target setting and continuous professional development
• Lead and manage three teams (Accounts Payable, Income & Fees, General ledger & Bank) to create a single coherent team and approach to financial transactions across the Finance & Planning Professional Service
• Lead major projects as required
• Provide high quality Financial Reporting, measuring this against a range of internal & external indicators such as Budgets, Audit, HMRC etc
• Develop and maintain the financial reporting year-end model
• Provide advice to the Deputy Director of Finance (Management Accounting) as necessary in order to prepare the University budget, cashflow, forecasts and management accounts
• Ensure key financial systems hold accurate data and are compliant with all legislation, setting out the framework and controls to achieve this
• Build effective partnerships with stakeholders and advisers as appropriate (e.g. project partners, external auditors, bankers, consultants and advisers)
• Ensure actions from the auditors are undertaken and be the key liaison with the external auditors for financial transaction processes
• Deputise for the Deputy Director of Finance (Financial Services) as required
Your skills and experience will include:-
• CCAB qualification
• Significant experience of working in a complex financial environment in a large organisation
• Substantial experience of finance process re-engineering and driving change through systems and people
• Substantial experience of delivering a project and restructuring to deliver customer focused, effective and efficient transactions
• Experience of managing partly qualified accounting staff
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Advanced knowledge of PAYE as it affects expenses
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.