Sheridan Maine is working with a strong and growing business based in Poole to recruit a driven and experienced Financial Controller into their team.
This newly created, hands-on role reports directly into the MD of the Group and requires strength or exposure in working in contract management. This is a fantastic opportunity that offers scope for the right person to progress quickly to Finance Director and to work with a growing business that offers a strong benefits package.
As Financial Controller, you will have ownership and management of the finance function and take full responsibility for the production of the monthly management accounts.
• Managing all day to day financial accounting functions
• Managing the year-end audit process
• Producing monthly management accounts and related financial reports
• Managing all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
• Coordinating and directing the preparation of the financial forecasts and report variances
• Producing Group consolidated accounts
• Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensuring all HMRC filings are done in accordance with required timescales
• Managing business cash flow.
• Liaising with operational managers, responding to their financial inquiries and providing financial advice
• Overseeing Purchase ledger and Sales ledger
Your skills and qualifications will include:
• ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified
• Previous experience as a Financial Manager / Controller
• Experience of using Sage Line 50
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel
• Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement and changes
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.