Dress how you want to be addressed! Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a popular and successful fashion retailer. This well-known brand is looking for a Front Office Dealer who will be the principal dealer and risk manager in support of the Head of Treasury.
You will have a good knowledge of financial risks (principally liquidity, FX and interest rate risks) and will understand and be able to execute the agreed strategies effectively. You’ll work with colleagues in other areas of the company to optimise the liquidity management of the UK Group.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Principal dealer of FX, Interest Rate and commodity hedging and Money Market management including maintaining the necessary documentation
• Supporting the Treasury Manager in all areas of Group cash management
• Agree agenda, produce the reports for the monthly Treasury Committee meetings, lead the meeting of the committee and manage follow-up actions
• Put agreed structures and strategies in place in order to minimise the Group’s overall exposure to FX, interest rate and commodity price risks
• Treasury dealing (money markets, IR derivatives, FX and commodity (energy))
• Provision of information to Financial Planning & Analysis team with respect to risks and opportunities – e.g. charges to margin FX volatility
• Provision of information to support accounting department (e.g. hedge accounting in accordance with IAS39 and IFRS9; market data for calculation of WACC measures)
• Preparation of month end journals relating to FX, debt and interest (both external and internal) including preparation of a cost review pack and presentation to FP&A team
• Identification and proposal of opportunities for improvements in systems, processes and risk management techniques
• Analysis for projects as required e.g. project financing
We are ideally looking for someone who has 1 – 2 years’ experience with an international bank or a corporate finance department with an international company; an understanding of international financial markets and economies is also important. The ideal candidate will be working towards or willing to work towards a qualification in accounting or corporate treasury.
Desirable skills will include:
• Proficient Excel skills
• Experience of managing relationships with external stakeholders
• Experience of trading platforms
• Proficient use of market data platform e.g. Bloomberg or similar
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.