Put your foot down and drive! A local transport company is currently looking for a driven and focused Assistant Management Accountant to join their busy finance team.
Your role will be to assist with the production of monthly management accounts and management pack, assist with variance analysis and budgeting and forecasting cycles, nominal reconciliations and postings into Sage; and any other ad-hoc finance and admin support as required.
Your responsibilities will include:-
• Produce monthly accounts journals including accruals and prepayments and any ad hoc Journals as required
• Prepare senior/concessionary income/reimbursement
• Control stock reports and monitor stock systems for reporting errors
• Update and monitor KPI’s
• Review Control Account Reconciliations
• Assisting the Senior Management Accountant in the preparation of robust annual capital and operating expenditure forecasts, including analysing and appraising budgeted costs, understanding key cost drivers, identifying
trends, risks, opportunities etc. for each Budget and forecast cycle
• To act as an internal auditor challenging other departments on costs and expenditure
• Maintain the Fixed Asset Register, raise capital expenditure paperwork and calculate depreciation charges
• Assisting in the completion of VAT Return
• Liaise with internal departments on Customer invoicing and reconciling Contract charges
• Preparing audit files for year end
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified, with proven background of working in a finance environment. Previous experience of Business analysis, accounting and management accounts preparation is essential.
You will have strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and be a proficient user of finance systems including Excel.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.