Every cloud has a silver lining! Our client is a fast growing start-up providing a finance department service to a wide range of clients in the hospitality and retail sectors. This constitutes the perfect opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to become part of their ever expanding team and join an exciting forward-thinking business.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for the accurate maintenance of the Purchase Ledger, whilst maintaining strong relationships with clients and their suppliers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained
• To ensure client suppliers are paid in accordance with cash-flow demands and credit terms
• Making payments via BACS following client authorisation
• Matching invoices to delivery notes/purchase orders
• Reconciliation of supplier statements
• Bank reconciliations
• Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
• Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
You will ideally have at least two years of experience with a strong accounts payable skill set; and working knowledge of Xero is desirable but not essential. Strong Excel skills, good communication skills and excellent attention to detail are also required.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.