When looking for a new role, what is the most important factor to you?
Salary is pretty important.
But let's be honest, we have all worked for companies who have not cared about us as individuals and have seriously got us thinking about what else is out there. At the end of the day, we are just a number, right?
Well, not to this company.
Benefits are not limited to your standard pension, life assurance, child care vouchers *yawn*... There are discounted gym memberships and new vehicle discounts up for grabs. But to ensure you are looked after, there are chill out areas, tools for employee wellbeing, local and national discounts, recognition schemes including the chance to earn more annual leave days, and regular incentives. I could go on...
I'm really keen to hear from Part Qualified Management Accountants looking to further their career with a company who creates new opportunities for talented people to develop themselves and their skills.
Due to the ongoing success of the company, this is a newly created 12 month Fixed Term Contract to start off initially, but leading to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the fast and efficient delivery of month end processes, working to agreed deadlines whilst keeping high attention to detail
• Analysis of month end results and liaising with budget holders to improve forecasting and gap analysis vs. budget
• Supporting a strong performance management culture by delivering the annual 3-5 year budgeting process
• Challenging existing performance vs. budget and driving opportunities for cost saving by providing spend analysis to department managers
• Understanding existing and future growth requirements of the business and assisting in the design and implementation of any necessary upgrades
• Liaising with all business areas to ensure upcoming changes are communicated effectively with the Finance team in order to effectively prepare for improvements in financial performance
• Keeping up to date with technical knowledge, updates on legislation, and tax rules across IPT, VAT and Corporate taxes
• Working effectively with stakeholders to ensure minimal risk in misleading information
Ideally, you will possess the following:
• Part Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA
• Excellent Excel and Office suite skills
• High competence in using general ledger systems
• Ability to work with multi-divisional cost centres
We understand that not everyone can tick all the boxes every time, so if you have some clear relevant experience, we are still keen to hear from you. Just provide a cover letter with your CV to outline the skills you do have.
For more details about this role, please contact Pearl at Sheridan Maine on 0117 244 3428 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.