Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturer. Having been around for over 100 years, this is a well-established organisation that is involved with some of the world's most prestigious projects.
As the Finance and Statutory Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing financial results of the international subsidiaries
• Challenge the CFO and CEO of the subsidiaries on the results and gather additional information where appropriate
• Visit each of the subsidiaries on a monthly
• Manage legal aspects of the Group, including:
o Corporate Law, Companies Act, VAT, IPR etc
o Commercial agreements
o Board minutes
o File annual accounts and other Companies House returns
o Finalise agreements such as bank documents, lease agreements
You will possess excellent oral and written communication skills together with outstanding presentation and negotiating skills. You will be a team player and someone who has the ability to create an environment of accountability for results.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Knowledge of consolidation of multi-currency subsidiaries
• Background in engineering/manufacturing industry
• Exposure to customs authorities, specifically relating to Inward Processing Relief (IPR)
• Sound knowledge of finance & costing, especially budgetary control, marginal costing, variance analysis and inventory valuation
• Thorough and up to date understanding of Corporate law, VAT, Companies Act and IPR
• Experienced in reviewing, analysing and challenging business information reports
• Advanced level of Excel modelling skills
• Knowledge of SAP
• Advanced Excel
A UK drivers licence is required as travel to the Reading office is required 1 or 2 days a week for this role. Travel to international subsidiaries is also required approximately 5 days a month.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.