Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. We are working with an established business services organisation that is looking to recruit an enthusiastic management accountant into their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing business that can offer a competitive salary and study support.
Based in their head office located in Portsmouth, you will be the main support for the preparation of monthly management accounts, alongside timely and accurate preparation of month end P&L.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce variance reporting against budget
• Reconcile monthly group overhead costs, preparing and issuing monthly overhead analysis
• Posting Accrual, Prepayment and Recharge journals
• Maintain Fixed Asset Registers
• Performance Balance Sheet reconciliations and reporting
• Prepare and submit the quarterly EC Sales List and VAT Return
• Assist in the production of statutory accounts and audit
• Support with Ad Hoc analysis where required
• Provide cover for payroll
What you will need to be great at this role:
• Part Qualified, studying towards finance qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
• Advanced MS Excel Skills
• Strong Interpersonal and communication skills (Able to communicate at all levels)
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Always looking to drive improvement and efficiency within the team
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.