Sheridan Maine are currently recruiting for a growing business based in Bournemouth who are looking for an Accounts Controller who will undertake key accounting and transactional work on behalf of an allocated Region. The role is offered on a temp to perm basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Performing weekly bank reconciliations and weekly posting of cash book as required
• Responsible for reviewing and posting purchase card journals
• Working closely with the regional finance teams with regard to the cashbook postings and recording of cheques raised
• Maintain financial records of all reservation moneys and deal with any refunds due
• Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• The post holder will be required to perform additional duties as instructed by the Regional Management Accountant, Group Accounting Manager or Financial Controller
• Aid the Regional Management Accountant with the monthly review of the VAT return
The successful applicant is likely to be AAT qualified or have significant experience of working in a similar role and must have an understanding of basic accounting concepts such as double entry bookkeeping.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.